Back-End Developer, Las Vegas / Remote
We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Las Vegas, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
As a Back-End Developer, you’ll contribute a broad range of technical expertise, contributing to the planning and implementation of functionality and logic across web and mobile platforms and products. As part of a project team, you’ll help to define the most effective approach to prioritizing and implementing features and requirements against a roadmap, taking into account performance, stability, and scalability. Your experience in navigating the diverse ecosystem of tools, frameworks, and 3rd party platforms will ensure the team is exploring a range of approaches to deliver the right solutions for our clients and their users.
- Support and collaborate in planning, development, testing, and delivery/deployment of solid, structured, and standards-compliant code
- Understand scope, project goals, and requirements, and provide input towards practical solutions, innovations, and time estimation
- Participate in ideation sessions, workshops, and roadmapping, contributing a perspective on improved production and development approaches, tools, and techniques
- Collaborate in strategic planning of desktop and mobile websites, web apps, and native mobile apps, assessing opportunities for driving innovation from a development perspective
- Participate in the sourcing and documentation of requirements through stakeholder engagement, research, evaluation
- Support the planning and documentation of technical architecture, operations, and maintenance for the code we deliver
- Test, refactor, and optimize code to achieve the best performance, and strive for flawless and bug free deliverables by making quality assurance a top priority
- Follow industry best practices, and coding standards developed by the agency and contribute to internal and external knowledge sharing
- Understand our clients’ business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their categories
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years experience in backend and server-side web with a focus on C#, Asp.Net, Asp.Net Core (preferred, but not required), Entity Framework 6+, and Linq; and 1 year experience in mobile development, preferably with NativeScript
- Thorough understanding and working experience with CS fundamentals including automation, algorithmic processes, data modeling, and design patterns
- Experience planning, prototyping, developing, and testing for web, mobile/tablet, SaaS products, connected devices, and other interactive experiences
- Experience with setup, implementation, and integration with payment gateways and merchant account providers
- Familiarity with secure web application practices (authentication, authorization, encryption), SSL, web application firewall, web service proxy, and multi protocol gateways
- An interest and general understanding of machine learning and AI a nice to have
- Digital agency or startup team experience preferred
- Degree in Web Development or Computer Science preferred but not required
Tangerine’s Core Values
Respect: Make everyone feel valued.
Loyalty: Build relationships, create memories.
Integrity: Do what’s right, no matter who’s watching.
Leadership: Be the example.
Innovation: Put your ideas into action.